HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THE MANY BENEFITS OF A SOLAR POOL BLANKET AND REEL?
A HydroTools™ Aquacover™ Solar Pool Blanket will not only increase the value and return of your
pool investment but save you money, time and energy by achieving the following:
- Minimise the cooling of the pool by stopping evaporation and convection heat loss. This occurs during
the night when the air temperature drops below the pool water temperature. Creating a barrier between the water surface
and the outside air virtually eliminates water loss.
- Keeping evaporation to a minimum saves, not only, approx 1.5 metres of water per year but chemical
consumption as you are not having to re-balance your pool after replacing the water lost. The amount of chlorine lost
to the Suns' UV Rays is also reduced.
- Blankets keep the pool cleaner - about 80% to 90% of leaves and debris is kept out of the pool. This
reduces the work load for you and your pool cleaner. Most types of pool cleaners will work quite happily under the blanket.
- Reduces pool heating costs by up to 50% as 90% of the heat loss is from the surface of the pool. Even
the cost of running solar system pumps is saved by reducing the amount of heat loss. Significant energy cost savings are
achieved by using a blanket in conjunction with gas, electric or solar heating systems.
- Extend the swimming season as a solar blanket will increase the water temperature by 6 to 8 degrees in
a pool that has a sunny aspect.
- Aquacover™ 200 – a 200 micron thick translucent, blue bubble pool blanket
that is lightweight, economical and comes with a 2 year pro rata warranty. Ideal for above ground pools.
- Aquacover™ 400 – a 400 micron thick, heavy-duty, bubble blanket that has
extra UV stabiliser and is toughened to last longer in Australia’s harsh conditions. Ideal for inground pools,
it comes with a 5 year pro rata warranty.
- Aquacover™ 500 – a 500 micron thick, heavy-duty, bubble blanket that has
extra UV stabiliser and is toughened to last longer in Australia’s harsh conditions. Ideal for inground pools and
pool owners who want the most heavy duty blanket, it comes with a 8 year pro rata warranty
Be sure the pool blanket fits the pool exactly, as gaps around the edges will reduce the blankets efficiency.
Consider purchasing a reel with the pool blanket. Using a reel to remove and store the blanket makes it
an easy and efficient way off maintaining your pool.
HydroTools ™ Aquacover ™
Solar Pool Blanket Installation Instructions - PDF 365kb